|Photo by Erin Fagart|
This time around I am making some subtle adjustments to improve the quality of the herd:
- Thanks to new mama Shannon for suggesting Coenzyme Q10 which has has been suggested to improve egg quality. I've been taking a total of 400mg each day.
- I have started walking 3 miles a day. I am very grateful to the re-emergence of an old friend who is training for the Nike Women's Marathon in October. My fast walking lines up with her slow running so our partnership is working out well!
- I am listening to the Circle+Bloom IVF/IUI series each night. I've never been one for meditating but so far I like what I hear and it helps me fall asleep (not entirely sure that's the purpose!).
- I rejoined Weight.Watchers online. My eating habits have become deplorable and it shows. I joined with a workmate and we've committed to 3 months. I need to regain control and become more aware of what I am eating and why. WW and I are longtime frenemies so I expect we'll be uncomfortable with each other for a few days but then things will settle down.
- I opened my calendar again. I am a paper-calendar type of person and haven't been able to open my pocket 2011 calendar since my first/last OB appointment in March. I've vigorously clipped all the previous months' pages together and am only looking forward now. Thank goodness for whiteout for all the milestones that were not to be.
- With a shaking hand and a sweaty mouse I purchased a ticket for George Michael's Symphonic Tour. On October 29th I'll be at the Royal Albert Hall in London, Dress Circle P, front row and I'll be
happyestatic. I have to have something to look forward to, something to pull me through all the days before me. The ticket was expensive and the trip will be as well but all in all, it's a hell of a lot cheaper (and more enjoyable) than therapy and I figure I need some happiness this year. Who knows, maybe by then I'll be two attending for the price of one?