May 24, 2011

The Eagle(s) Have Landed

All 65 million of them! 

This morning's iui went very smoothly with no hiccups.  As always, I worry that I O'd too soon but there's nothing I can do about that now.  Dr. C said she was very pleased with how my body reacted to Lupro.n so hopefully at least one of the five to six eggs will be both mature and healthy.  Is that too much to (effing) ask?

This time around I lounged about afterwards on the lovely yet uncomfortable table and watched a little of "The Wire" on my iPad and thought good thoughts.  I really appreciate all of the kind thoughts and words that have been coming my way.  I have attributed the calmness I feel this cycle to this support.  With all of my previous cycles I was on my own.  A couple of friends knew what I was doing but no one really knew what I was going through. It truly does make all the difference.

16 comments:

  1. Definitely not too much to effing ask! :) Sending lots of positive thoughts your way. Glad things went so well this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Is that too much to (effing) ask?" - pfft...kids are always disobeying their mothers...you tell those eggies and spermies if they know what's good for them,they'll cooperate or you'll turn your uterus around and go home.

    At least that's what I would say :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. stopping by from ICLW

    best of luck to you with baby eagle! i read your ttc timeline... you really, REALLY deserve the biggest fat positive now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad everything went smoothly. I really hope this is the one for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of Luck! I always think I ovulate too soon. Each time I'm convinced of it. This time I even triggered later than I was suppose to because I was convinced I would do it again. Hope you see two lines in two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! Well done and now you're officially PUPO! Here's to the super sperm hitting your fantastic super eggs!

    Love the pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great picture!!! cheering for you and the millions of swimmers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great all went well. and good luck with the 2ww

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go go swimmers. Hoping they'll knock on the egg and go on in. Can't wait to hear about your BFP.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found you through ICLW.

    I'm so sorry this has been such a rough journey for you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this time around works and your 2WW feels like a short one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope the next couple weeks pass relatively quickly. I'm also glad you've been able to find support online. People are such a-holes about fertility treatment in general, I can only imagine they're giant flaming a-holes about a single woman undergoing fertility treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like all went very well! Everything crossed for a nice, sticky BFP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 65 million swimmers AND 5 - 6 eggs... sounds like you are destined for success this cycle! Thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck! Hope your wait goes by quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?