March 2, 2012

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

Today's NaBloPoMo prompt is Would you rather make your own choices or have someone make them for you?

Sometimes I think it would be nice to have someone to make decisions for me.   Passing along the responsibility would certainly reduce the toll on my already overtaxed brain and relieve some of the agony of making a choice.

All good things EXCEPT when it comes to my hairdresser.   For way too long he had made the choice of what my hair was going to look like (even when I asked for something quite unlike what he did).  I took that power back today and tried out someone new.

I won't pretend to swagger when I say that.  I was a cowering and quivering ball of angst for about five months, trying to build up the confidence to make an appointment with someone new.  On my way to my appointment today I actually had a tummy ache.  What a wimp!

This afternoon when I looked into the mirror as the final touches were put on my hair, I met my own eyes and smiled.  I loved my hair but better yet, I loved the fact that I made the choice.





1 comment:

  1. Good for you. I switched about a year ago; I really did feel like I was "cheating" at first. I'm glad that you love your new look!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?