March 29, 2011

Clueless

I've taken to heart many of the topics discussed in the 2011 Fertility Summit.  I learned so much and I'm already making changes to my life by adding holistic approaches to improving my fertility with EFT, the laws of attraction and nutrition.  Despite it being only a few days since implementing these changes I am already finding success (mostly emotional so far).

Except for the pesky work/life balance part.

It's not that I have an incredibly complex high powered type of job.  I currently work for a large organization in an administrative position which I fell into after many years in non profit/children's services.  I loved my previous career but had to jump ship when the economy tanked.  While I'm very grateful to have landed in a job that provides me with income and good health insurance,  it's not something I'd consider a career.  However, old habits die hard and I find myself completely wrapped up in every little detail, unable to let go when I come home and slow to leave my work at any point during the day.  Just who am I trying to impress anyway?  It's not like I'm moving up in the position (there is no growth) and it's not like I haven't proven my work ethic to my bosses.  

I'm unbalanced and I know it.  I know what I am supposed to be doing.  I just don't know how to do it.  

What do you do to maintain a healthy work/life balance? 






1 comment:

  1. I struggled for years to have a work life/balance, until I found some really great things that I was passionate about- I WANTED to get home and focus on them instead of work. When work does get overwhelming- it still does at times- I am a big proponent of not bringing anything home- ever! Even if that means I leave the office and go to a coffee shop or to the library. I will not let home be invaded by work stress.

    But I still think the ultimate balance can be found if you work as effectively as possible during the day and then officially CLOCK OUT with no regrets!
    Hope you are having a great week . . . and by the way, there is a ton of power with the holisitic approach!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?