April 22, 2011

So Says Sarah Ban Breathnach

“Real life isn’t always going to be perfect or go our way, but the recurring acknowledgement of what is working in our lives can help us not only to survive but surmount our difficulties.” 

I like Ms. Ban Breathnach's quote because it resonates with me and how I feel about the experience of blogging.  At a time when some things have most definitely not been working in my life, I have to acknowledge that this blogging thing is working most wonderfully.  Not only am I able to express my feelings and get out of my head all the sorrow, fear and despair about my path to parenthood, but I am also able to hear from others and, as an added bonus, communicate on other blogs to women who are struggling (and sometimes celebrating) too. 

Thank you Sprout who nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award!  I started out the month of April committed to post every day as part of NaBloPoMo but realized I was needing to post every day for my own mental health. 

I was also nominated by Jen from Struggling to Become a Family of Two.  This is all very exciting to a new blogger!  Thank you both!

These are the rules:

1.  Winners grab the image above and put it in your blog.
2.  Link back to the person who gave you it.
3.  Tell 10 things about yourself
4.  Award 15 recently discovered bloggers.
5.  Contact the bloggers you have awarded to let them know they have won.

Ten things about me:
  1. I am known for not using profanity, however in reality, in my head, I swear *constantly* like a longshoreman.
  2. I have never gotten over George Michael's revelation that he's gay.  I love him and think he's an amazing artist.
  3. I have a teaching license and would love to teach again someday.
  4. My BFF workmate and I have made up nicknames for everyone in the office and most are not very nice.
  5. Lasagna is my signature dish.
  6. Beaker is my favorite Muppet.
  7. As a child I was obsessed with all things Laura Ingalls Wilder and wore a prairie dress with bonnet all of second grade.
  8. Russell Crowe makes me weak in the knees.
  9. Sometimes I want to sell everything I own, move here and work as a maid in any hotel that will have me.
  10. I love walking through and exploring cemeteries, the older the better.
My nominees are:

Never Mind the Distance

Small Obsessions

Invisible Mother

Misconceptions about Conception

Team Baby

Wistful Girl

Single Canadian Mom

The Chronicles of Violetta Margarita

A Single Journey

The Infertile Gynecologist

My $10,000 Baby

Single Mom Survives

True Confessions of a Single Mama to Be

One Cycle at a Time

It's My Life

3 comments:

  1. I love old cemeteries, too! One of the best of all time is Recoleta in Buenos Aires, but I love them all. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen on George Michael!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there - finally writing my Versatile Blogger award post and can't find the HTML code for the badge? Can you help a lass out? Much appreciated :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?