April 15, 2011

Sunburned and Sore

On the last day of my mini vacation I took a long hike with my bff. The scenery was gorgeous- pastureland, meadows, lakeshore and oak trees. It felt great to be outside and exercising. I don't even mind the sunburned spots on the top of my head or my sore leg muscles!

So far being 41 is ok but I am fundamentally a different person than was a few short months ago. This different me is going to take some time to get to know and to get used to. I have a feeling that by the time I turn 42 my life is going to be vastly different as well. I've reached and surpassed my tipping point.

6 comments:

  1. Vastly different I'm sure - in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shadow,
    I just wanted to thank you for your support on my blog. I've read up on yours and even though you are going through some very low times which I sympathize with, I really like your style of writing. Going through one of the worst things that can happen to a woman plus losing a parent...well even through those sad bad things...your strong, vibrant and funny personality really shines through.

    I can't wait to see what 41 brings you....it's gotta go up from here. I'll be cheering from the comments section.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just recently found this blog (I think perhaps you commented on mine), and I am simply astonished by your story and your strength. Happy 41.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I've reached and surpassed my tipping point."

    I love that! I think I have reached and surpassed my point about 5 times in the last year, lol.

    Glad you had a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! I'm finding 42 to be a more comfortable place than 41, and 41 was better than 40. I hope it works the same way for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the comment on my blog.

    Happy belated birthday, and I look forward to getting to "know" you.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?